Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ruff Day? Dog Encouragement Card with a Super Cute Puppy

Encouragement Card featuring Dog by Jess Gerstner for Gerda Steiner Designs

Hello crafty friends! It's Jess from JessCrafts.com. Today I am sharing a card made with the Howl Are You? clear stamp set. I just had to color this super grumpy little bull dog. I plan on sending him in a sealed envelope with instructions to save for a bad day. Then they can open this card and have a a little surprise inside to cheer them up. For more on the coloring check out the video:


I have some quick tips to share about coloring. Using the Momento Rich Cocoa when coloring a critter brown can give a subtle effect without going all the way to no line coloring. Also trace over details like the eyes or mouth in black pen to add definition. Finally make any white area pop with some white gel pen. 

Encouragement Card featuring Dog by Jess Gerstner for Gerda Steiner Designs

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that dog! Great face and wonderful coloring! I like this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Wonderful coloring, super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    Dog Collars and Leashes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!